How can Furness Carers help?
We provide information on all issues related to the caring role.
We recognise that the responsibilities of being a Carer can change Carers’ lives and affect their health and wellbeing.
Carers can become isolated and may feel very much alone.
Our FREE support services offer:
- A friendly “listening ear”
- Individual support
- Carers Assessments (You are entitled to an assessment of your own needs as a Carer).
- Carers Support Plans
- Carers Emergency Contingency Plan and Card Scheme
- Carers’ groups offering the opportunity to talk to others with similar experiences
- Drop-in facilities where Carers can call in for a “cuppa” and information
- Carers Cafés held throughout Furness.
- Social/leisure activities
- Voluntary sitting services